Best Easy Delicious Desserts for Potluck Party

As a student, I used to dread going to potluck parties because I didn't like how my home-cook dishes (I did like seeing friends at the parties though!). They're just not appealing --- didn't taste good or look good (I would gladly eat them, but just worried about scaring my friends...).

One day, I decided that I had to fix this --- to learn to make one thing that I could bring. Something that's delicious, easy to make, *and* unlikely that other people would bring.

So I found this 5-star Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake recipe.
It needs very few ingredients, and you basically just mix them together, and it tastes fantastic. Brownie bottom layer, plus cream cheese top layer filled with chocolate chips. Yummy. None of my friends could resist. (Mr. V, you should try it, but don't eat so much. Watch your tummy.)

And I'm using this springform pan (Nordic Ware Springform Pan 10 Cup, 9 Inch). Sturdy and doesn't leak. Hasn't failed me for years!


This Christmas, I learned another recipe: Rice Krispies Treat. It needs only 3 ingredients, and 10 min to make (really 10 min, unlike other recipes that lie). Delicious. A good dessert to make when I don't have much time. There's Kellogg's version, but I like my friend's ingredient proportion better:
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 4 cups marshmallows
  • 5 cups Rice Kripies cereal


I use one of these nicely-built pyrex containers (3 QT) to hold the rice krispies.