Using steamer instead of iron for wrinkles on clothes


 No one likes to iron clothes. It takes so much effort and space. Clearing space in my small apartment so I could open up the ironing board was already a chore. Then needed to wait for the iron to warm up. All I wanted is to just iron one shirt!

It’s only after a while that I learned of a much better alternative — using a steamer instead! Which uses hot steam to loosen wrinkles. No ironing board needed. It's fast to heat up the steam (and it only uses water). It has a small footprint. And since it stands upright, you can hang clothes on it. Plus, you can use it to sterilize curtains and other things. Handy! 

I picked the consumer model from the Jiffy brand with metal “head” (vs plastic head). I like that it’s super sturdy (have it for more than 15 years) and still looks like new (which is in fact not too surprising since there aren’t any moving parts; its main purpose is to boil water and dispense the steam in a controlled manner). I looked up that its a reputable brand and have been making steamers since 1940 in USA.

I wish I knew about steamers sooner, because it’s such a time and space saver! I rarely use the iron any more, the only times I use it is when I need sharp creases on pants, which is extremely rare. The steamer is one of the things that I use almost every (work) day. Before I leave home, I can just pull out the clothes I want to wear, steam them all in less than a minute and I’m good to go!